Saturday, January 19, 2008

First FO!

So, I guess this is my first FO of the year! WOOHOOO. How sad....its January 19th and I have one FO. I should be more on the ball :)

Here is the FO......
Pattern: Fetching, Knitty Summer 2006
Yarn: Cascade 220 (Stash yarn even!)
Needles: Size 6 DPNs
Date started: Cast on 1/18/08 in the afternoon
Date completed: Finished 2nd glove on 1/19/08 in the afternoon

Sometimes you just need a little instant gratification. I wish I was that fast on socks.

Next time I will go down to size 5s or cut out five stitches. My hands are freakishly small. So they are just slightly loose at the cuff and fingers. I still love them. Will knit them again.
As far as my other projects go....

CPH - I am done with the back, left front, and right front. I am now stalled. I'm so bored with it probably because I'm not sure I love the yarn. Its ok though, I will pick it back up tomorrow I am sure. I have only sleeves, hood, and button band to knit. I will block the other pieces and seam a little bit in the process. I've never blocked before. This should be fun.

Wicked - It actually looks like a sweater, and I even put it on some waste yarn and tried it on. It looks small but it appears to fit. We shall see. Good thing Maddie will be able to wear it if I don't fit into it. It would suck to frog it. I love the pattern, love the yarn, love the color. Its one big wicked love fest.

I got my yarn for the Harvest Pullover, Kaitlin Pullover, and I also ordered some yarn for Thermal. I know. Yarn whore.

Today I dyed two skeins of yarn, one of which will make its way into the mail on Monday. The other is for me. All mine. Its so pretty. I believe it is destined to become monkeys. We shall see. I do have two other pairs of Monkeys that are slated to be knit as gifts, so those will of course take priority.

Also, in my stash, I found the yarn for yet another sweater! Go me! Stash yarn!! Who would have thought? See, sometimes I do check my stash. (Why mention that I also found yarn slated for two other Dale of Norway patterns, two other sweater kits, and yarn slated for three Lily Chin patterns?) Oh....and I listed a boatload of stash yarn for sale on Ravelry. Hey, gotta pay for those new sweater yarns somehow ;)

No comments: