Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another swap!

I am in a horribly somber mood today, so I will apologize ahead of time.

I had so much fun with sockapalooza......I joined the Monkey Sock Swap 3! Sign ups are still going on, but you only have until 8/31, so get your little butts over there and sign on up! It is guaranteed to be a blast.

Without any further ado (and because I don't feel like being peppy anymore) here is my questionnaire!

Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I cannot consider myself a beginner anymore, so as scary as it might sound I think intermediate is what I would be.

The measurements:

Shoe Size: 7
Foot circumference: 8.5 at the ball of my foot

Foot length: 8.75


Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Purple is my favorite, but I am drooling over a yarn that has brown/purple in it and I also love the orange/pink combination. However, my very favorite colors at the moment has to be brown/pink. I don't know why, but everything these days must be a combination of those colors.


Do you prefer solids or variegated? No real preference, I guess variegated is more interesting, but if you have a nice pattern to a sock, it should be solid to show it off probably.

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool or cotton for me.


What colors would you never wear? Cant think of a one!

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Louet gems, Collinette Jitterbug, the apple laine I got from my sock pal is fantastic, Lorna's laces, Claudia.

Are there any new brands you would like to try? Koigu, Duets sock yarn (I totally missed out on the cowgirl colorway that The Loopy Ewe had listed and I am heartbroken!


Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkeys of course, and the pattern that she did on Knitty Gritty.

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? I have been drooling over the Twisted Flower pattern for entirely too long. I also do not have Flicker, German Stocking, and Millicent.

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? I would prefer US, just for shipping reasons.

Do you have any allergies? No

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? Talk about depressing.

  • You are #23563 on the list.
  • 13735 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 3838 people are behind you in line.
  • 34% of the list has been invited so far


No comments: